2009 is off to a flying start. We just wrapped a trip to Napa that had Loni sending tweets on the fly from Artesa, Turbull, Cakebread, Sequoia Grove and other scenic spots along the way. More on that trip to come.
We’ve updated the StarkSilverCreek Loreto Bay and Loreto Guides with more information.
During our Christmas trip to Canada, we blogged about “All things Canadian” as we took a week off our west coast focus for some snow, family and Tim Horton’s.
Thanks again to so many of you for writing in with comments, tips and feedback! You can use the contact page to get in touch.
In wine country
- Follow our Saturday Napa wine country tour with Loni’s Twitter updates
- HGTV’s 2009 Dream Home is in California’s wine country
- The 2008 “in wine country” wine review roundup and highlights
- 2006 Liberty School Cabernet Sauvignon: A reliable Cab with less bold and more smooth
- Looking for Wine Deals? ‘Woot Wine’ a good site to watch
- 2007 Novella Synergy Blanc, Paso Robles: A short wine story not worth the time
PODCAST: The Stark Naked Report
- ‘The Stark Naked Report’ Podcast #4: ‘The Dark Night’, 5 tips for your next Napa tour, New Year’s resolutions
“All things Canadian” special series
- All things Canadian: A snowy sign-off
- All things Canadian: The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
- All things Canadian: Afternoon Tea at Zoe’s Lounge, Chateau Laurier
- All things Canadian: Tim Horton’s for a good old Canadian caffeine and sugar kick
- All things Canadian: To understand the True North and Free, start with Hockey
- Home for the holidays: West coast to east coast on American Airlines
- New Sky Restaurant: Where seafood and Szechuan cuisine reigns supreme
- Tomisushi Restaurant: If you like sushi, this is good eats
The odd in Los Gatos
- A giant aluminum duck on wheels attacks miniature Santas and cub scouts at the Los Gatos Christmas parade
The normal in Los Gatos
- Mamma Mia! I’m the spouse of a woman on a “diet”!
- Unexpected, but useful gift: Sweater and fabric comb
- The new year and the resolution I made two days ago
- Does anyone really like fruit cake?
Tasty stuff and recipes
- “A night of glamour” brownie and ice cream cake
- “You’re such a tart” Cranberry Tart Recipe
- Memories of holiday eating in Toronto
- “Easy as Pie” Apple Pie Recipe, Part 2
- Tree Spirit Bee’s Oil: The secret to protecting your wooden cutting boards and spoons
- More much ado about holiday turkey leftovers
- Merry Christmas from StarkSilverCreek
- Ready for some holiday cheer? All aboard the Niles Canyon Railway Train of Lights
- Holiday Gift Idea: The top 10 magazine subscriptions (and 5 to avoid)
Gadgets and tech trends
- Slot car racing video clip: 4 lanes of micro-action and drama!
- Need venture capital? Trends for 2009
- Laptop buying guide: seeking out the best deals, brands and features
- What will happen to online ad spending in 2009?
- JW Marriott Residences Loreto: Penthouses provide high-style luxury in little Loreto
- Loreto restaurants: So many temptations, so little time
- Loreto Guide: Furniture and household goods section updated
- JW Marriott Residences Loreto, Baja: Floor plans now available
- 2009 Loreto Calendar: Letter and net proceeds sent to Animalandia
- Updated photos of our Nueva Chica from Sue and Tom M.
- Loreto Bay, Baja: Construction updates from Al G.
- JW Marriott Residences, Loreto, Baja: Sales Update
- La Mision Hotel, Loreto Baja: Updates from John P.
- 2009 Loreto Calendar: Still available and a wonderful way to support Animalandia
- La Mision Hotel Loreto photos courtesy of Jan M.
- The Construction Coach sends off 2008 with great tips on Loreto Bay home warranties
- A day trip out to explore the beaches of Coronado Island in Baja
- La Mision Hotel, Loreto BCS: Grand opening finally arrives