This week was for the birds; Loni’s little birds that is, that continue to build nests around our house. Now we have bird seed in the courtyard strategically positioned to keep our new guests comfortable. The 4 egg watch continues. And I’m sure it’s one of the most riveting stories out there right now.
Al enjoyed an evening at the San Francisco preview of Angels & Demons, along with some fine Quintessa wines. Sounds like a nice combo! Jane, meanwhile, lamented the summer closing of everyone’s favorite Loreto desert spot: Del Borracho. Up along West Coast Canada, Patterson kept emailing in (to blog@starkinsider, of course!) stories and colorful photos of the beautiful city of Vancouver.
Last night, we hosted a dinner party with some family here in San Jose. Carl brought over a sentimental bottle of 1982 Claret from Bordeaux that his father had given him many (many) years back. I’ll write up how it went when I hopefully get a chance later today. It’s what good times, family and wine are all about.
Now we’re off to meet Baja Barry at the Camera Cinema, after I finish this espresso (made with beans from Starbucks beans from Costco, private labelled and a great deal at $9.99/bag). Yes, simple things keep me happy.
- Monica’s ‘Sail away with me’ Vegetable Planter Box
- Vegetable planter box update from David B. in Australia
News and Editorial
- New Apple ad on CNET web site is shocking, good fun by Mike Carrall
- Is Twitter the real deal or just a huge, narcissistic, real-time spam engine?
Loreto, Baja California Sur
- Del Borracho closes for the summer by Jane Lurie
- How many dolphins in this pod?
- Loreto Bay National Marine Park: Public input solicited for new management plan
- Loreto Bay golf course, front 9 now open
SF Bay Area
- ‘Putnum Spelling Bee’ musical: A tasty alphabet soup of zingers and tittups
- Top ten reasons to shop at Trader Joe’s by Chris Wright
- Classic Car Wash a SF Bay Area tradition by Mike Carrall
Stark Sips Wine Reviews
Touring Vancouver, Canada
- Vancouver, Canada: The eagles have landed by Patterson
- Touring Vancouver: Granville Island by Patterson
- Touring Vancouver: Real estate update from Coal Harbour by Patterson
For the Birds