What a week! Our heads our still spinning, along with just about every other homeowner that purchased in Loreto Bay. Although not a surprise, yesterday’s terse announcement (Breaking News: Loreto Bay Baja resort, unable to find new buyer, suspends operations) was still a shot to the heart. And it seems like many of you feel the same. We’re in this together, and we’re confident that Loreto Bay will once again emerge, perhaps with a different, scaled-down vision. Perhaps after a bankruptcy that will clean the balance sheet, restructure capital, and eliminate debt obligations (such as late construction fees) that could make the development palatable to a buyer or investment syndicate.
Those that enjoy Loreto adventure and spirit, will appreciate Al’s caravan from Loreto to San Francisco update.
On the Theater and Arts scene, there was plenty to see and do. Check out reviews below from the past week on some of the great shows now playing at The San Jose Repertory Theater, City Lights, A.C.T. in San Francisco and San Jose Stage Company. No wonder the SF Bay area is the 3rd largest theater market in the US, there are so many high quality productions and talent here.
Film, Stage, The Arts
- SubZero 2009: A mashup of art, technology and passion in the heart of San Jose
- Things to do: SubZERO street festival tonight downtown San Jose
- San Jose Spelling Bee finalist to appear on-stage Saturday at SJ Repertory Theater
- The ‘Spelling Bee’ Theater Training: So You Think You Can Dance Edition
- San Jose Repertory Theater: The ‘Bee’ Interview – Part 3
- San Jose Rep announces two productions as part of exclusive ‘Summer Blockbuster Series’
- San Jose Repertory Theater: The ‘Bee’ Interview – Part 2
- Review: ‘The Great American Trailer Park Musical’ hits all the right road kill
- ‘Stop Kiss’ at City Lights Theater: A touching play about a meaningful kiss
Loreto, Baja California Sur Mexico
- Breaking News: Loreto Bay Baja resort, unable to find new buyer, suspends operations
- Loreto’s National Marine Park Planning: Schedule of Community Meetings
- Loreto Bay Property Management Newsletter – June 2009
- JW Marriott Residences Loreto Baja Tour with Laurie Sanborn
- Caravan North from Loreto to San Francisco by Al Graichen
All Things Wine
- Weekend wine pick: 2006 Santa Rita Cabernet Sauvignon, Maipo Valley Chile (89 pts, $8.99)
- New Vine Logistics, back from the dead?
- Wine Bloggers Conference: Writing and wine are long-term friends, but what about technology?
For the Birds
Gadgets and Tech
News and Editorial
- StarkSilverCreek now syndicated on Google News
- @GuyKawasaki Ghost-tweeting + blonde marketing interns = Spam 2.0 (and a potential threesome)
- Will next generation Hummers be made of plastic?
Green and Vegetable Gardening