Another action packed week here at SSC. It seems like every 10 minutes something new comes our way: an email, a guest blog, a comment, a tweet.
The other day, Loni and I were at the gym. Loni was pretending to work “hard” on the elliptical while I was trying to beat my ghost on the Expresso (of Sunnyvale, CA) bike machine — try that, on something like the “Stump Puller” course.
Sure enough, during the last 1/2 mile I pulled out my hero routine and decided to burn all the advanced pacers (I had already put 90 seconds between me and the regular pacer helping boost my false sense of confidence). All my body parts felt okay at that point. Then, all of a sudden, my calf muscle blew out. Literally.I’ll spare the details, but it involved me rolling on the floor in agony as several pilates students looked on with mild amusement and curiosity.
While I limped out of the club, Loni seemed more preoccupied with the number of emails and comments she needed to write on this site. When we arrived home, it was straight to our laptops of course; luckily I took a quick detour to grab an Advil and a glass of wine. The show must go on!
In Wine Country
- Ruby Hill Winery, Pleasanton CA: Gem of wines? Jury is still out.
- Turnbull Cellars’ Peter Heitz discusses wine with Loni on latest ‘Wine Tales’ podcast
- Chateau des Cleons Muscadet Sèvre et Maine, France 2007 $5.99 (79 pts.)
- Club Artesa shipment details and upcoming events
- Super Bowl Recipe Ideas: Discovering soups at Fenestra Winery’s SOUPerBowl event
- Similan Thai Cuisine, Danville CA: Delicious, authentic Thai cuisine, yet so much more
- Les Domaines Grassa Bas-Armagnac Réserve by Carl Orthlieb
- 2009 Super Bowl XLIII: Potluck play-by-play
- “No Gyoza For You!” potsticker recipe
- Whale of an appetite! In our own back yard. by Deborah Scanlon
- Casa del Lagarto Azul, Loreto Bay gets outfitted with gas lines
- This just in: USA Today article on Loreto Bay, JW Marriot and Paraiso del Mar in La Paz
- Loreto Bay update from Luis Amare, Director of Architecture
- Loreto Bay Company posts FAQs
- Loreto Bay Baja: The new pool in Founders by Bob Kopolow