We had the most crazy and chaotic “interview” this week with The Second City cast. Who would expect anything less? You have 6 talented improv comedians and actors. Wine, champagne and beer. After the show, blowing off steam at the SJ Rep. It was definitely different than filming in the vineyards. But amazingly fun, if not challenging for poor Loni’s interviewing skills.
We shot over an hour of video to produce 10 minutes. Maybe some time in the future some of the off-the-wall, insider stuff will hit this site…! Meantime, why does Cody think Loni is the next Kim Burns? (and, who is Kim Burns?).
This upcoming week should be called the official week of wine. We have no less than three events to cover.
The biggest is the Wine Bloggers’ Conference 2009 in Sonoma which kicks off Friday. Web 2.0 types from all over the US will fly in for the three day conference with plenty of tastings, blogging, and tweets—for better or worse. I’m not quite sure what to think. In some ways this could be another micr0-bubble. How many wine blogs does the world need? On the other hand, it’s interesting to hear from so many different voices and see social media co-opt the wine industry with open arms.
The heat wave continues here in the SF Bay Area. Fortunately the nights cool down. The foothills are yellow. Small pockets of green pop-up wherever there is irrigation.
Loni thinks we should shoot some kind of show out in the back… maybe revive the idea of The Stark Naked Report with video (and no nudity!). Or talk wine, gadgets, news. Not sure. Seems like everyone is doing it these days. Do we really need more? Or maybe we could talk about SF Bay Area Theater and Arts… there is a diverse array of under-reported artists and shows, even here in good old San Jose.
CALL FOR WRITERS! Interested in reaching 180,000 readers per year? You provide the article, video, and/or photos – short, long, funny, introspective, left brain, right brain. Go for it. We provide the platform and opportunity to be heard (but possibly not understood).
Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s that easy. Regular contributors can get their own blogging account. And perhaps even achieve front page Hunffington Post-like fame with their own column (and from time-to-time tickets and press access).
Questions? Email email@example.com.
SF Bay Area
- Yank Sing, San Francisco: Timeless and seductively delicious Deem Sum by Loni Kao Stark
- Things to do: San Francisco’s premiere culinary weekend event by Chris Wright
- Maki Sushi, you’ve come a long way since the California roll
Travel & Adventure
- Bhutan 2009: Calcutta -> Paro and the Tiger’s Nest by Carl Orthlieb
- New York Times: Watching Whales Watching Us by Jane Lurie
Arts and Entertainment
- After-hours party with The Second City cast @ San Jose Rep
- The Second City at SJ Rep showcases best of improv and sketch comedy by Clinton Stark
- Classic American cinema: You talkin’ to me?! by Tom Eden
- Does “Hands” deserve a hand? by Tom Eden
News and Editorial
- Clint’s championship peppers are winning the vegetable garden race by Clinton Stark
- Where’s the USDA beef? Maybe at Costco… by Clinton Stark
- And you thought your last job interview was tough by Clinton Stark
- Best places to live 2009: Washington wins the West Coast by Chris Wright
Loreto, Baja California Sur
- Saturday morning espresso and the Loreto Bay grapevine by Loni Kao Stark
- It’s the Friday Loreto Bay rumor mill: New buyer? by Loni Kao Stark
Wine Tube TV
- Chatting up food, wine and music with Executive Chef Arthur Wall and Karl Wente
- Vineyard tour of Bent Creek Winery with co-founder Rich Howell
ssc show guide (available on Apple iTunes):Wine Tales
SSC | iTunesWine Tube TV
SSC | iTunesLoreto Live
SSC | iTunesLoreto Live TV
SSC | iTunesSSC Presents
SSC | iTunes