Since I wrote last week about McDonald’s new push into premium coffee drinks such as Lattes and Mochas, I’ve seen increased advertising by the golden arches on television and in newsprint. Seems like they’re serious about taking a slice of Starbuck’s business. I still have not tried one yet. Who knows, maybe I will just so I can write about the experience of drinking a super caffeinated, sugarized, ice concoction from America’s most famous fast food outlet. It might be the perfect excuse to also enjoy my annual Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
Kayaking continues to be an immensely popular topic. Jane Lurie has written several posts, some with stunning photos of kayaking on the Sea of Cortez. It is therapeutic and a deep cleanse for the soul and spirit.
Guest blogger Patterson’s Vancouver adventure has provided some first hand stories and photos form the streets of the great coastal Canadian city. It will be a big scene next year when they host the 2010 Winter Olympics, eh.
Speaking of guest blogging, a reminder to all those interested. It’s as easy as sending an email. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org. It can be photos, a story, a review, short/long, whimsical, opinionated, pithy, thought-provoking, news-worthy, ridiculous or sublime.
Western Canada: Stories and photos from Vancouver, BC
- Touring Vancouver: Old-New-Downtrodden-Quaint by Patterson
- Touring Vancouver, BC: Oh What a night, oops mean day by Patterson
News and Editorial
- United Airlines pilots ChoiceMenu in effort to boost per seat revenue
- Kindle DX, like most of us middle-aged devices, gets bigger by Mike Carrall
Loni’s California Kitchen
All Things Wine
- Weekend wine picks: three favorites from three stores
- WhisperKool review and 18 month Stark wine cellar checkup
- Wine guide to British Columbia’s 3 big wine regions
Loreto, Baja California Sur
- May’s Monthly Kayak Moment by Jane Lurie
- Villa Group talks about Loreto and Baja resort developments on Loreto Live
- Downtown Loreto, Loni runs into la policía in front of city hall
- Love Loreto!
- Make Sure The Kayaks Don’t Have Water In Them by Jane Lurie
The Green Queen