Beyond the fireworks, friends and festivities of Fourth of July, it is the phenomenal food that catapults this national holiday as one of the most memorable each year.
Whether your hosting or attending a Fourth of July party, here are some surefire recipes that are simple to create from my California Kitchen. These recipes require ingredients that won’t have you playing scavenger hunt at our local grocery store.
- ‘Live simply’ tomato and feta salad – Simple, refreshing appetizer. You can not go wrong. I would recommend this recipe for the host of a party rather than an attendee because this recipe does require being served slightly cool. If you want to bring this dish to a potluck, I would recommend showing up with the ingredients and then assembling at the party to make sure the dish tastes the best when served.
- ‘Cool as a cucumber’ Summer Squash Chips and Dip Recipe – You really don’t get easier than this. I call this the healthier sibling to the nacho cheese plate.
- ‘Spoil and pamper me, darling’ steak marinade recipe – You can’t go wrong with sizzling pieces of steak on the grill. For vegetarians out there, Portabello mushrooms are a perfect too!
- ‘Easy as Pie’ Apple Pie – After you have tried this pie, you will never want a store bought one again. This is the most simple and perfect apple pie recipe. It bursts with apple.
- ‘I dream of lemons’ Lemon Dream Cupcakes – Cupcakes are hot and these ones are as pretty as can be and simply dreamy to eat.
- “All’s well that ends well” Lemon Almond Chocolate-Dipped Biscotti – If your party has standing-room only, these are the perfect dessert because they can be held easy in one hand as the other one sways to some grooving music.
- Baja-style piña colada recipe for a hot summer day– What would festivities on a hot summer day be without piña colada. This recipe comes from Loreto, Baja California Sur and will cool your friends down, but keep the energy up.
Happy Fourth of July from all of us at StarkSilverCreek. May we inspire you and make you smile every time you visit us. Cheers!