Loni Stark is a self-professed foodie and adventure travel seeker, and is also passionate about technology’s impact on business and creativity. It’s been said her laugh can be heard from San Jose all the way up to the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. She makes no claims to super powers, although sushi is reportedly her Kryptonite.
Stark Insider was born from the shared interests of Loni and her husband Clinton Stark for technology, indie film and music, and the arts — “A West Coast Adventure.”
Launched in 2006, Stark Insider has steadily grown to 1 million readers a year and surpassed 1 million YouTube channel views in 2013. Today, it’s the largest San Francisco arts and travel channel on YouTube.
Loni has interviewed creative thinkers and doers for Stark Insider such as Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, Nicole Kidman, Ben Stiller, Emma Stone, Amy Adams, Mad Men actor Vincent Kartheiser (“Pete Campbell”), singer-songwriters Colbie Caillat, James Bay, and Matt Nathanson, and comedian Christopher Titus.
Loni is always up to the challenge, ready to try something new — often with unpredictable results — including attempting to learn the Chinese pole on the set of Cirque du Soleil or acting in a short film.
Stark Insider aims to provide an original, first-hand perspective on technology and culture that’s approachable.
“I suppose you could call this site a ‘West Coast adventure, a lifetime in the making’,” Loni Stark says with a laugh. “I hope others are inspired to get out there and create. At the end of the day the creative process isn’t always the easiest friend in the world. Still, we should all learn from it and celebrate.”
More About Loni:
- Loni was named to the Top 40 Under 40 list of top industry marketing leaders, and to the Silicon Valley Business Journal Top 40 Under 40, and was cited as an inspiring marketing executive.
- Recent keynote appearances include: Bend Venture Conference and DesignThinkers.
- Her arcane Chinese name means “where the sky Gods keep their books”—most girls names at the time meant “beauty” or “grace”. It was only later in life when she recognized the wisdom of her parent’s decision.
- She once entered a beauty pageant “just to prove she could” and to the surprise of everyone (especially herself), was crowned Miss Global Petite… runner up… number… two.
- If she had more time, she would want to paint more often.