In the last Wine Tube TV episode of the Stark Insider visit to Wente Vineyards in Livermore, Karl Wente talked to Loni about Chardonnay and demonstrated Battonage. This time, Loni sits down with Karl to cover the gamut: winemaking, music, life in Livermore and more.
I believe Loni will be posting an article about the experience and what it was like spending time exploring the 3 Wente vineyards (Murrieta’s Well, Tamas, Wente). Meantime, enjoy this interview with Karl!
- 1:00 – About Wente, vineyards, and acreage
- 4:09 – A 5th generation winemaker
- 6:15 – Karl’s winemaking approaches to Chardonnays
- 8:50 – Farming levels and aligning with wine production
- 9:56 – Passion for music, and its relationship to wine
- 11:51 – Walking Sauvignon Blanc vineyards at Murrieta’s Well
- 12:26 – Sneak peak of next episode: Inside Karl’s ultimate vineyard bachelor pad
- 12:45 ** Blooper Bonus ** Is it easy or hard to pronounce “Murrieta’s Well”?
Stark Insider shot live on location in Napa, Sonoma, Livermore and other West Coast wine country destinations. Get the inside story. Enjoy wine in a laid back, informative, and fun style with host Loni Stark.