Loni Stark is a self-professed foodie, and adventure travel seeker, and yet is also passionate about technology’s impact on business and creativity. It’s been said her laugh can be heard from San Jose all the way up to the Golden Gate Bridge. She makes no claims to super powers, although sushi is definitely her Kryptonite.
Stark Insider was born from the shared interests of Loni and her husband Clinton Stark for technology, theater, wine and food — All Things West Coast.
Launched in 2006, Stark Insider has steadily grown to half a million readers a year and surpassed 1 million YouTube channel views in 2013. Today, it’s the largest San Francisco arts and travel channel on YouTube. Stark Insider is one of the top three authorities for Bay Area theater along with San Francisco Chronicle and the Mercury News.
Loni has interviewed creative thinkers and doers such as Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, Cypress CEO TJ Rodgers, Mad Men actor Vincent Kartheiser (“Pete Campbell”), singer-songwriters Colbie Caillat, and Matt Nathanson. Other notable actors, comedians and directors appearing on Stark Insider include Ben Stiller, Dana Carvey, Danny Boyle, Jared Leto, Lady Antebellum and James Franco.
She is always up to the challenge to try something new including doing flips on the set of Cavalia or climbing a rock wall with a cast member of Cirque du Soleil. Loni holds great pride that one of her recipes, “Easy as Pie Apple Pie,” garnered a mention on Huffington Post.
Stark Insider provides an original, first-hand perspective on technology and culture that’s approachable. As she notes, “It’s a West Coast adventure, a lifetime in the making.”
Little Known Facts About Loni
- Loni was named to the Top 40 Under 40 list of top industry marketing leaders, and to the Silicon Valley Business Journal Top 40 Under 40, and was cited as an inspiring marketing executive.
- She was a keynote speaker at the 2016 Bend Venture Conference.
- Her arcane Chinese name means “where the sky Gods keep their books”—most girls names at the time meant “beauty” or “grace”. It was only later in life when she recognized the wisdom of her parent’s decision.
- She once entered a beauty pageant “just to prove she could” and to the surprise of everyone (especially herself), was crowned Miss Global Petite… runner up… number… two.
- If she had more time, she would want to paint more often.
If there are parallel universes, she hopes to be:
- A proprietor of a winery
- An oil painter and sculptor