It’s easy for those in love on Valentine’s Day. But what about us worn-torn, broken-hearted… or those of us who enjoy life as an insanely out-of-control single? Or maybe you’re just angry and want to take a Louisville slugger to some headlights?
Well, we’ve got some tunes for you. Here’s a playlist that doesn’t bite, on so many levels, and doesn’t include one single Air Supply track.
No, no, no, this V-day it may be time to get your cheatin’ revenge on, and hit up that bottle. He oughta’ know.
What exactly am I talking about here?
more Stark Insider
Rhapsody (yes, even in this new world of Spotify, they still exist) has put together a free “anti-love” playlist for those of us looking for a break from love potion #9. You’ll likely recognize many of these tunes. Big names like Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, Outkast, and Rihanna all make the list. Then there’s the blasts from the past like Fionna Apple, Bob Marley and Carly Simon.
We’re told anyone can play the list for 30 days if you sign up for Rhapsody — and we confirmed that no credit card is required. So you can have at it, then decide to cancel out before you get heartburn. Hmmm, no commitment again.
Suggestions? Additions? We’d love to hear them. I’d like to see Love Bites by Def Leppard added to the mix.
LISTEN NOW – Love Bites: The Anti-Valentines Day Playlist
- Since U Been Gone, Kelly Clarkson
- Song for the Dumped, Ben Folds
- Tyrone, Erykah Badu
- Gunpowder and Lead, Miranda Lambert
- Call me When You’re Sober, Evanescence
- Outta Me, Onto You, Ani DiFranco
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring On it), Beyonce
- Cry Me A River, Justin Timberlake
- Before He Cheats, Carrie Underwood
- Rehab, Rihanna
- Dry, P.J. Harvey
- Roses, Outkast
- You’re so Vain, Carly Simon
- Smile, Lily Allen
- The One I Love, REM
- You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette
- Caught Out There, Kelis
- Gives You Hell, The All-American Rejects
- You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told), White Stripes
- I Hate Myself for Loving You, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Goodbye Earl, Dixie Chicks
- Big Ole Butt, LL Cool J
- Here’s a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares), Travis Tritt
- No Woman, No Cry, Bob Marley
- So What, Pink
- Special, Garbage
- Cramping My Style, UGK
- Revenge is Sweeter, The Veronicas
- Ice Box, Omarion
- Heartless, Kanye West
- Meaningless, Magnetic Fields
- Shadowboxer, Fiona Apple
- Bye Bye, Jo Dee Messina
- Everything About You, Ugly Kid Joe
- Lyin’ Ass Bitch, Fishbone
- Good Luck, Basement Jaxx
- Love Stinks, J Geils Band
- According to You, Orianthi
- Funhouse, Pink