In the latest ‘Wine Tube’ episode , we enjoyed some Napa style big, bold Cabs at Franciscan Estate in St. Helena. Check it out to see Loni with Emilie on a behind the scenes tour.
‘War Music’ was ambitious, but ultimately did not deliver. Although, I will say it did leave a lasting impression: the dialog was big (and plenty) and some of the scenes outrageous.
Our thanks again to Al and Jane who kept us updated and entertained from Loreto; lots of beautiful photos (and a video too), plus stories and details on what’s happening at the Loreto Bay development were appreciated!
Loni is prepping for her trip to Harvard tomorrow. One again, trying to stay a step (or two) ahead of me. She says she will be taking pictures and will try to write a story or two from campus, but I find it hard to believe that will happen. Meantime, she has left me with some “gruel” (her chicken curry). Hopefully that, plus some Diet Coke and wine will get me through the week until she returns.
Don’t forget, all you aspiring, inspiring bloggers and writers: go ahead and send us your guest blog. It’s easy. Use email and send it to email@example.com. Just make sure it covers one of our core topics: The Arts, Loreto, Baja, Wine, Travel or West Coast news, and after a short review you’ll see it posted on SSC.
In Wine Country
- Wine Tube: Franciscan Estates Napa Winery Tour
- Wine sales up 2% in 2008 according to California Wine Institute
- Franciscan Oakville Estate: Wine tasting roundup
Around the World
- Tesoro de Loreto Condos: Construction update
- Las Mandiles Restaurant, Loreto Baja: Between ‘Divorced Eggs’ and carrot juice, a little bit of Loreto history
- Aeroméxico takes flight, will Volaris Airlines follow?
- Loreto Bay Resorts, sale pending?
- My last full day in Loreto by Al Graichen
- Monthly Kayak Moment by Jane Lurie
- Loreto Update by Al Graichen
Gadgets and Tech
- Pass on your digital assets with a virtual safe deposit box and let your kids enjoy Facebook “superpoke” while you look on from the heavens (or BlackBerry hell) by Mike Carrall