Somehow, some way, I managed to survive a week here surrounded by two Kao women, with Loni’s sister in town from Toronto for a visit. Thank goodness I spend part of my evenings and weekends reviewing wine! Well, okay, it was actually a lot of fun. I’m not sure what Loni’s family think of her videos and podcasts on Stark Insider… who is this person? After listening to a ‘Wine Tales’ podcast, Loni’s sister thought her voice sounded “creepy”!
The travel action will be picking up again as next week we’re off to a mystery location that Loni has been dropping clues about. And then after that we will be down to Loreto Baja for an update on the progress of our home, the Loreto Bay development and of course the town of Loreto itself. It should be a lot of fun.
Meantime, here are the headlines from the last week on Stark Insider. Have a great week everyone.
StarkSilverCreek Contest Update
Mystery Weekend Getaway (Can you guess where we’re going?)
- Clue #4: Mystery weekend getaway location
- Clue #3: Mystery weekend getaway location
- Clue #2: Mystery weekend getaway location
- Mystery weekend getaway with StarkSilverCreek
- Loreto Live: Whale watching in Magdalena Bay by Jane Lurie
- Loreto Bay News announces Robert Toubman as administrator of Condo Regimes
- Alaska Airline gouge by Al Graichen
- Loreto Live: Video news feature on the Farmers Market by Jane Lurie
- Loreto rumor alert: Air lift upgrades coming?
In Wine Country
- Weekend wine recommendations (value picks)
- Twitter and the wine industry: Micro-blogging, marketing and waxing poetic
- Sauvignon Blanc: You say BLAHNK, I (and the rest of the world) say BLAHN by Tom Eden
- Sonoma County AVAs: A brief guide
- Hangtime Pinot Noir, Carneros 2006 review and a look at Michael Mondavi’s Folio Wine
- Beringer Founder’s Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, California 2005 $7.99 (82 pts.)
- Kathryn Kennedy Lateral, Saratoga California 2004 $36 (88 pts.)
Gadgets and Technology
- PDA to 3G iPhone by Al Graichen
Editorial and News
- How to tell the deal from the hype
- 5 Things you can do now to improve the world just a little bit by Tom Eden
- Academy Awards Oscar predictions 2009
- Cinequest Film Festival 2009 will transform the mind, body and soul of the city of San Jose
- A Hitchcock classic: “That’s funny… that plane’s dusting crops where there ain’t no crops!” by Tom Eden