With the first full week of 2009 behind us, it’s time for a quick recap of the activity here on Stark Insider. Thanks to Carl and Frank (via Deborah) for their guest posts this week. Lots of interesting reading on Bucerias, Mexico and a paddling adventure in Loreto Baja.
Loni has been busy with stories of adventures around the world including Belgium and Portugal.
If you’re a wine lover, check out the new ‘Stark Sips’ tasting notes below.
Guest Blog Posts (email yours to email@example.com)
- Bucerias, Wherefore Art Thou? by Carl Orthlieb
- Mainland Mexico: Bucerias by Carl Orthlieb
- Frank’s Paddling Adventure & Recommendation by Frank Fleetham (submitted by Deborah Scanlon)
In Wine Country
- Napa River Merlot 2005, origin a mystery, but poor quality no secret
- Napa Valley trend watch: The Albariño grape, fad or here to stay?
- 86 Chateau St. Michelle Riesling Columbia Valley 2007 $5.99
- 90 Cakebread Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2001 $110
- 85 Castoro Cellars Syrah Paso Robles 2005 $9.95
- 90 Turnbull Black Label 2005 $100
- Farmacia in Loreto Bay has shut its doors on the Paseo
- La Mision Hotel: A breath-taking addition to the Loreto Baja Malecon
- A conversation with Jim Spano on Loreto Baja, JW Marriott and the Loreto Visitors Bureau
- Discover Loreto Bay “Go Green for Less Green” email promotion
- Loreto Bay property owners newsletter for January 2009 introduces new homeowner service
- Gallery Showing: Loreto Bay Agua Viva at the Dawn of 2009
- Loreto Bay Founder’s swimming pool: Spy shots from agents Chuck and Marsha
- View from a tower in the Loreto Bay Baja resort development
- Costa Loreto Marina & Residences: A marina is the heart of this master community
Gadgets and Tech
Around the World
- Penha Longa Hotel and Golf Resort, Portugal: A relaxing paradise fit for kings
- Pena Palace in Sintra, Portugal: A palace fit for Cinderella
- Gallery Showing: “The Doors of Portugal”
- Les Chapeliers, Belgium: A restaurant with many hats, but no rabbit tricks
Movie Reviews and Entertainment
- My favorite movie moments: ‘The Man Who Knew Too Much’
- ‘The Dark Knight’ combines epic storytelling, visceral action and Joker redux
- In Review: ‘The House Bunny’, predictably fluffy
News and Editorial
- Has Google dropped the ball, and missed the biggest market opportunity since search?
- About forty years until the oil runs out, says Stanford professor
- New milestone for StarkSilverCreek as over 11,600 people visit in December!