This is the second month since we installed our Sunpower solar energy system. We got the system hooked up mid February.
PG&E this month came by to change out our analog utilities meter for a digital one. Very cool, although Clint and I are still trying to figure out how to read it. We also got a note from PG&E that we have switched from E1 to time-of-use net metering. It seems that we made it within the quota cut off that PG&E set and will get E7 billing instead of E6 – I have my fingers crossed.
Here are the stats. I do wonder how much electricity was consumed and CO2 generated in the manufacturing of the solar panels and inverter. So hard to say. I think overall any green initiative should have as its first tenet the goal to reduce consumption.